Department | Operations/Processing
Reports To | Processing Manager
FLSA Status | Non-exempt
Pay-Scale | Full Time or Part Time; Hourly
Updated | November 2022
To process donations from donors to retail. This includes, but not limited to, accepting, sorting and pricing donated items. This includes but is not limited to compliance with company policies and standards, procedures, and the Blue Mountain Mission Statement.
Essential Functions of the Job
1. Is able to perform, daily, any of the required job duties within the processing team and department. This
includes all requirements related to accepting donations, presorting and pricing merchandise.
2. As needed, welcome donors in a timely manner in a way that they feel confident that Blue Mountain
appreciates them and understands their value.
3. As needed, handle the receiving and donation process with the utmost respect and care including, greeting
the donor, assisting in unloading donations, telling the Blue Mountain story, repeating details back to the
donor and issuing a receipt.
4. Have a positive and energetic attitude that contributes to the mission of revealing Christ to others including
donors and other team members.
5. Help maintain clean and well organized reception, presort and processing areas.
6. Maintain a clean and well organized personal processing station.
7. Adhere to, daily, all employee policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Policy and Procedures
manual and the Blue Mountain ’ Mission Statement.
8. Ability to recognize quality merchandise and effectively seek guidance on pricing from the Processing
9. Effectively and thoroughly research merchandise as necessary in order to get the most value for our
10. Work with and effectively communicate with the Processing Manager, other processing employees and
donors on a daily basis.
11. Daily serve with fellow employees so that there is a healthy and productive work environment.
12. Achieve daily and weekly production goals set by the manager. This includes hitting the overall company
goal of 35 pieces produced per hour.
13. Ability to produce quick and accurate work in a face-paced environment.
14. Understand and comply with the policies and procedures related to donated items, including prohibited items
and pricing guides.
15. Effectively use the donation receiving script to communicate appreciation, the KARM Story, and Corner of
Your Field to donors.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Must be a people person with a pleasant and willing attitude.
2. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) with an excellent command of the English language.
3. Ability to write in legible, clear handwriting.
4. Must have a commitment to Blue Mountain mission statement.
5. Must be detail-oriented and have solid organizational skills.
6. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
7. Must be a problem solver, be able to work with a minimum of supervision and take initiative.
8. Excellent time management skills.
9. Must become proficient in production so as to meet established goals within the first 90 days.
10. Computer skills to include general typing skills and web browsing capabilities.
11. Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions and goals provided in written or oral form.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or GED, preferred.
Essential Physical Requirements
Stand – up to 100% of a standard work day.
Walk – up to 75% of a standard work day.
Sit – less than 50% of a standard work day.
Use hands to perform required duties – up to 100% of a standard work day.
Lifting and Bending – up to 75% of a standard work day.
Talk or hear – As needed throughout a standard work day.
Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed
on a given point).
Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
Ability to adjust focus (adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Moderate to heavy physical activity. Depending on location, this position may require frequent strenuous activity.
Ability to lift at least 50 pounds is essential for job performance. Use hands to lift, sort, clean, organize throughout a
standard work day. Depending on location, this position may work in a warehouse setting with outdoor exposure
throughout the workday.
Work Schedule and Required Hours
Part time to full time, Monday through Saturday, up to a maximum of 40 hours per week.
Attendance at specific meetings, off-site events or training, as required.